Here are step-by step directions on how to activate and access your DOE account.
Get your Student DOE account by going to https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learn-at-home/technical-tools-and-support/doe-student-accounts
Follow the directions to retrieve your Username and set your password. (Student Account Self Service link: https://idm.nycenet.edu/students/start.form)
1. Go to Student Account Self Service(Open external link)
2. Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number.
3. Enter your child’s birthday.
4. Click Continue.
5. If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
6. Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
7. If you haven’t already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up.
8. Pick a password that only you will know.
9. Re-enter your password.
10. Click Update Password.
To Access your nycstudents email please follow these instructions:
- Go to www.gmail.com (make sure you are logged out of any other emails)
- Enter (EXAMPLE) VSuraci157@nycstudents.net where it says to log in
- A new login window will open asking you to enter your username and password. For the username enter: (EXAMPLE) VSURACI157 and then enter your password.
This will give you access into the nycstudents email account. If for some reason you do not remember your password you can reset it by following the directions at the link below: