Below is a general list of supplies that children will need. Included in this list are items that children should NOT buy and cannot bring to school.
5 Marble notebooks (purchase different colors)
7 Pocket folders (purchase different colors)
Package of colored pencils
10 pack sheet protectors
1 one inch binder
Mini – stapler
Gym uniforms are mandatory. The following items can be purchased at the school store:
Gym Uniform: Shorts – $12.00/ Shirts – $10.00
Gym lock – $8.00
DO NOT Buy & DO NOT Bring to School:
• Book bags on wheels
• Liquid glue
A.M. Home Room 8:00-8:15
Period 1 8:19-8:59
Period 2 9:03-9:43
Period 3 9:47-10:28
Period 4 10:32-11:13
Period 5 11:17-11:58
Period 6 12:02-12:43
Period 7 12:47-1:27
Period 8 1:31-2:11
P.M. Home Room 2:15-2:20
** Homeroom begins promptly at 8:00 A.M.
Rules and Regulations
1) Lateness, cutting and truancy are prohibited.
2) Students may not bring in any unauthorized person into the school at any time.
3) All electronic devices must be turned off during the school day. Devices such as HEADPHONES, IPODS, MP3/4, OR ANY HAND HELD GAMING DEVICES, CELL PHONES/ MOBILE DEVICES used in the building will result in confiscation. Parent must pick up device on Friday from grade dean.
4) The school will not be responsible for items confiscated.
5) Hats or headgear (except religious attire) are NOT to be worn in the building.
6) Students must have an official pass to go from one place to another in the building.
7) Students who become ill may not be sent home alone, a Parent/Guardian listed on the Emergency Blue Card must pick them up at school.
8) Students are to leave the school grounds at the end of their school day.
9) Students may only go to the school store during AM Homeroom.
Tank tops and short shorts, sunglasses, headbands, visors, ski masks, spiked bracelets, inappropriate words or slogans on clothing, glass bottles, skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, basketballs, soccer balls, bats and other sporting equipment. Food or beverages of any kind (unless in cafeteria).
The Following Infractions May Result in Suspension
1) Fighting and disrupting the orderly operation of school activities.
2) Engaging in physical assault and/or sexual assault.
3) Engaging in, or causing riotous conditions.
4) Recklessly endangering students and/or staff.
5) Possessing or using a weapon or a laser light/pointer.
6) Engaging in theft of personal or school property.
7) Engaging in cheating or plagiarizing.
8) Ringing a false alarm or engaging in acts of arson.
9) Using intimidation, coercion, force or extortion.
Pupil Path is a student information system for parents and students. Pupil Path allows parents and students to view important student and school information such as student attendance records, class schedule, assignment due dates and grades, and announcements. Parents are also able to communicate with teachers via this tool.
Halsey JHS 157 hosted a St. Jude Math-A-Thon. The students solved math problems and asking for pledges so we can help the kids of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Your fundraising efforts support St. Jude in its lifesaving mission: Finding cures. Saving children. The funds you raise go toward making sure families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
This year the St. Jude’s Math-A-Thon was a tremendous success as Halsey JHS 157 raised over $10,000 for this wonderful charity.