Take a quick peek at our students’ performance with this rendition of “Carol of the Bells”:
What an amazing job our Halsey family did with the Toy Drive! We just packed up 8 huge bags of new toys for Beautiful Me: The Hance Family Foundation.
Your Halsey PTA supports all the JHS 157 students, teachers, and administration by providing funds for various school activities. ALL donations will go towards Halsey’s programs and children. Some of the programs your generous donations go to include Band (repairing instruments), support for the Drama Club, air conditioners for the classrooms, buses for the basketball teams, anti-bullying and leadership programs, and so much more. Please consider helping by donating. Every penny counts.
If you have not done so already, you can make a donation via Paypal. (You can use your credit card; you do not need your own Paypal account.)
Or, please download and fill out the PTA Annual Appeal Letter. Thank you in advance!
At a time when nearly one in six New Yorkers struggle to put meals on their tables regularly, daily delivers of food are vital to keeping the shelves of food pantries and soup kitchens stocked.
Stephen A. Halsey JHS 157, in conjunction with City Harvest and the NY Daily News is proud to announce that we will be joining the 35th annual Daily News Food Drive. The Food Drive kicked off the week of October 23rd, 2017 and will run through Friday, January 19th, 2018. We invite all our Halsey students and family members to help keep the City Harvest trucks full with non-perishable foods.
A highlight of the drive will be the Kids Can Help Competition, which acknowledges the impact students can have when they work together for a good cause. The school in each borough that runs a drive and collects the most food will win a prize. Here at Halsey JHS 157 we believe that teaching our students about empathy is very important.
The PTA is sponsoring an art contest; the winner will have their art work displayed on the new Halsey Greeting Cards! Any student in 6th – 9th grades may enter.
Any medium is welcome: drawing, painting, collage art, photography, and more.
Submissions must be made via email with HIGH QUALITY PDF or JPG and sent to the PTA at halseyPTA@gmail.com by Wednesday October 25th.
Full name, class, and parent name and contact info must be included in the body of your e-mail. All artwork must be signed.
One submission per student, winner will receive a certificate and be recognized as the artist for
2017-18 greeting card!
We hope your child is off to a great start to the school year. We are adding the following clubs/activities to our after-school program. Students may see the teacher who is facilitating the club/activity for a permission slip and should listen to morning announcements for more information as well:
- There will be a general meeting for all students interested in participating on our Competitive Debate Team this Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 2:20PM in the auditorium!
- Boys/Girls Dance Program-(separate from Ball Room Dancing) (Ms. Shriki room 325)
- Boys/Girls Flag Football(Mr. Kagen Boys Gym) meets Wednesdays 2:20-4:30PM
- Halsey Debate Team(Mr. Sarris/ Ms. Tchiligarian room 240- general info meeting 2:20PM Tuesday 10/17 in the AUD) meets Thursdays 2:20-4:30PM
- Boys Varsity Basketball(try-out info Mr. Angelastro room 325/Mr. Plummer room 324) meets-various
- Girls Varsity Basketball(try-out info Ms. Palmieri room 243A) meets-various
- Peer Mediation Team(application and permission slip/Mr. Plummer room 324)
**Coming this winter session (December-February) Girls Competitive Volleyball/ Stock Market Game/Chess Club***
CURRENT CLUBS/ACTVITIES IN PROGRESS (interested students should see the teacher facilitator for space availability)
- Mouse Squad(Ms.Elfers room 301)- meets Tuesdays 2:20-3:30PM room 301
- Robotics(Mr. Lober room 333/Ms. Elfers room 301) meets Mondays 2:20-5:00M in the science lab
- 6th Grade Study Skills and Organization Class (Mr. Plummer room 324) meets Wednesdays 2:20-4:00PM
- 6th Grade Ball Room Dancing(Mondays or Tuesdays beginning 10/16-2:30-3:30PM in the auditorium)
- Girls Fitness Club(Ms. Butera Girls Gym) meets early morning girls’ gym