Good Morning Halsey Family
As you are aware, JHS 157 is hosting our “Welcome Back to School Evening” on Thursday, September 20, 2018. Our “Welcome Back Evening” will begin at 5:20PM. Your child will bring home an individualized schedule on Tuesday afternoon for you to follow this Thursday, beginning at 5:20PM.
However, we are also hosting the following workshops for parents/guardians from 4:30PM-5:15PM, prior to the official start of our event. If you are interested in attending ONE of the workshops of your choice, be sure to register via the survey monkey link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PBFGC7V. If you are interested in more than one we will be providing these workshops throughout the year so keep an eye out for them.
We hope to see you all Thursday!
Parent Workshops being held from 4:30 PM-5:15 PM:
- Fun STEM activities for Parents and Children to enjoy together: Mr. Lober Room 333
- Response to Intervention (RTI/AIS): Collaborating with Parents/guardians to support struggling students: Ms. Amber, room 219 (sci lab)
- Historians and Critical Thinking Skills in Social Studies: Mr. Monaco, room B6
- Internet and Cyber Safety and Anti-bullying: What Parents/guardians need to know to keep children safe: Mr. Angelastro/Mr. Plummer, room LIBRARY
- Succeeding in The Middle School – Foundations for 6th grade success: Ms. Sussman/Ms. Quinones, room 215
- Algebraic Concepts and our New Grade 6 Curriculum: Ms. Beinstock/Ms. Soberman, room 315
- Increasing Parent Engagement and Enhancing Home School Communication via the PupilPath system: Ms. Cole/Ms. Lok, room 306
- Independent Reading: Helping your child select engaging books to read to increase comprehension, reading stamina and vocabulary skills: Ms. Gordon, room 221
- Preparing for The Specialized HS Program Audition in Musica/Art/Dance/Drama: Ms. Shikowitz/Ms. Lamere/Ms. Gruet/ Ms. Schwarz/Ms. Wolff, room 112
7:30PM: 8/9th Grade Parents: The High School Application Process: Ms. Shriki: AUD