We will have TWO sessions:
12:30 pm – 3:00 pm
5:00 pm – 7:30 pm
No appointment is needed. Just come during one of the sessions. Everyone should have a copy of their children’s schedule but if you do not just see a Halsey staff member in the lobby. We will also provide a list of teachers and where you can find them.
Do not forget that you can always contact your teachers through PupilPath to discuss things through e-mail. You can always schedule an appointment for a Tuesday during our Parent Engagement hours: 7:45 am – 8:00 am or 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm.
Parent-Teacher Conference Checklists
Before the conference
- Ask your child how s/he feels about school.
- Ask your child if there is anything that s/he wants you to talk about with his/her teacher.
- Tell your child that you and the teacher are meeting to help him/her.
- Make a list of topics that you want to talk about with the teacher.
- Prepare a list of questions such as:
- What are my child’s strongest and weakest attributes in this class?
- Does my child hand homework in on time?
- Does my child participate in class?
- Does my child seem happy at school?
- What can I do at home to help?
During the conference
- Be on time (or early) for the meeting.
- End the meeting on time. Other parents will have a conference after yours.
- Relax and be yourself.
- Stay calm during the conference.
- Ask the most important questions first.
- If your child receives special services, ask about your child’s progress in those classes.
- Ask for explanations of anything you don’t understand
- Ask your child’s teacher for ways that you can help your child at home.
- Thank the teacher.
After the conference
- Talk about the conference with your child.
- Talk about the positive points, and be direct about problems.
- Tell your child about any plans you and the teacher created.
- Keep in touch with the teacher during the school year.